Skip to main content

Life Right Now - November 2025

 Right now Beau is a senior and has a schedule that has him home most of the afternoon.  He is currently between jobs.  He worked at Hartmann Lawn Care for the summer and fall, and is re-starting at Fleet Farm this week (today, actually).  He worked there throughout the school year last year too, and they hired him back for this year.

Right now Cora is a sophomore and just finished up her school volleyball season.  She played middle hitter for the JV team this year, and then was moved up to Varsity for sections and state.  She got to spend a week up in the Cities with the team, and they ended up placing 3rd.  She will play for the 17s team for JO this winter.  Practices for that will start after Thanksgiving, with tournaments starting in January.  She will be doing an off season workout program through the school this winter until softball practices start up in early spring.

Right now Sylvie is in 7th grade and starting her first year of school basketball.  She was moved up to play with the 8th grade team this year and is excited to get games started.  She is also playing for SYBA this winter, and made the AAU Fury team for the spring.  Lots of basketball ahead for her.

Right now we are decorating for Christmas.  Yes I know that it is still before Thanksgiving.  I used to be a strict after Thanksgiving girl, but as the weekends get busier I'm open to whenever we have the time, any time after Nov 1st is fair game.  We currently have our main tree up in the living room, along with most of the home decor stuff.  I still have the rest of the trees to put up.  We have a lot of trees (most of them are just small mini trees though).  We will have another full size tree in our front living room; that one is always a real tree and a home for our colored lights and Hallmark ornaments.  We will pick it up the day after Thanksgiving.  I also have a full size tree downstairs for daycare.  I do save that one for after Thanksgiving though, since I like to keep the focus of Thanksgiving for the little ones.  I picked up a new pre-lit tree for down there and am excited to get it up.  Each of the kids has a small tree in their bedroom.  Beau hasn't wanted his up the past couple years, but told me I could put it in there this year (which made me ridiculously happy).  Sylvie also asked for a new tree this year.  Hers was the one I got for her first Christmas, she's been asking for a flocked tree for a few years now.  We found a good deal on one last weekend and brought it home.  She set it up right away, but hasn't put ornaments on yet.  Cora will put her tree up eventually, but hasn't been ready for it quite yet.  Luke and I have a tree that will go in our bedroom, and I have a tree in my office.  So I think that makes 8 trees total for the Johnson household.

Right now with volleyball wrapped up and just in the beginning of basketball we don't have games during the week.  I'm finding we are all home for supper together more often than we have been in a long time and I'm loving it.  Sylvie's first SYBA tournament will happen this weekend, and school ball games should start next week.

Right now I'm learning embroidery.  I have a couple beginner Christmas stitch samplers that I'm working on to learn the different stitches.  I'm not sure what I want to do with this new hobby.  Beau wants me to try to embroider some beanies, and I'm intrigued with doing an embroidery yearly journal.  We'll see,  for now I know that learning something new is fun, and I love that it gives me something to do when we're hanging out in the living room watching TV that isn't scrolling on my phone.

Right now I'm doing a lot of Christmas shopping in hopes of getting the majority done early so I can enjoy the season throughout December.

Right now I'm excited for some time off work and Thanksgiving celebrations next week.  Looking forward to making some lefse and just relaxing.  

Right now I'm trying to get some memory keeping projects caught up so I can get this year's December Daily album set up and ready to roll.  Some years I do a lot of set up in advance and some years I just wing it day by day throughout the season.  November is getting away from me so it may be more of the latter this year.  I dug out all the past albums and put them in their December home on the living room shelves.  I always love grabbing one and flipping through it, but this year they were really tugging at my heart strings.

Right now it's been a dark dreary Tuesday.  The weather was teasing us threatening the first snow (bring it on).  So far all we've gotten is a rainy wet dreary day, but it's giving out a Christmas/winter weather vibe so I'm here for it.  Something about the Christmas decorations up when it's 60 degrees and sunny outside just doesn't sit right.

Right now it's time to get the kids up from nap, finish up the work day and kick off our evening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around here.....

Here's just a little snapshot of what life looks like right now. Around here we're starting to get into the basketball season.  Both Beau and Cora are participating in traveling basketball through SYBA.  The crazy weekends of tournaments haven't started yet, but they're both having practice regularly.  Luke will be the assistant coach to Cora's team this year.  Sylvie will get to play too, but her season won't start until January and is one game on Saturday mornings in town. Around here are three kids are going to religion class on Wednesday nights, I'm teaching Cora's 3rd grade class.  Between that and basketball practice it's rare to have a weeknight where we are all home. Around here we're getting excited for the holidays!  I'm starting in on some shopping, planning and thinking about getting the house decorated.  The kids are getting Christmas lists made, and my desk is full of December Daily prep work.  Around here I...

WITL Day 5 - Friday

Friday began, as predicted, with a steady soaking rain and I was glad I switched my run to yesterday.  At 5am Georgia decided I've hit the snooze button enough, puts her paws up on the bed and licks my hands until I get up.  She didn't get the same glad feeling about not getting to head out on a run, and lay pouting by the front door. I fill her food bowl while the coffee brews, and she decides that if we can't run she'll ask to be repeatedly let in and out instead.  The result was lots of muddy paw drying. Around 6 Luke leaves for work and Georgia settles down.  The house is finally quiet and still and I'm thankful for the few minutes of peace. It's daycare appreciation day, and this year I am showered with gifts from my families.  It definitely adds a boost to the otherwise dreary and slow start to the day.  As the kids are packing their bags for school I find that some homework has been neglected throughout the week.  I'm ...