Skip to main content

Easter Fun









Beau's first Easter was a good one, I think the Easter Bunny left him 3 different baskets! He stopped last weekend at Grandma Johnson's, then at our house on Easter morning, and another basket was waiting for him at Grandma Daskam's. Seriously, I wonder if the Easter Bunny knows that one lucky little boy is getting Easter treats x3! We colored eggs on Saturday for the Easter Bunny to hide on Sunday morning. This is what an Easter egg "hunt" looks like for a 7 1/2 month old.




Beau loved it, he crawled into the living room picking up the eggs, trying to taste each one before we took it away so he wouldn't have an Easter colored mouth. Eventually he found his basket in the middle of the floor and had a great time dumping it out and playing with all the loot. He got the bee movie (for some reason the kid gets a kick out of bees) and we watched it while we were eating breakfast and getting ready to go. Cute show.

Here are some other pics of Easter morning...

Daddy sliding Beau around the kitchen floor (looks fun huh?!).


Beau waiting to be loaded in the car....he decided that licking the front door would be a good way to pass the time.


Beau in his new dew rag and sunglasses from Grandma and Grandpa Daskam (errr... I mean the Easter bunny) ...peace.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around here.....

Here's just a little snapshot of what life looks like right now. Around here we're starting to get into the basketball season.  Both Beau and Cora are participating in traveling basketball through SYBA.  The crazy weekends of tournaments haven't started yet, but they're both having practice regularly.  Luke will be the assistant coach to Cora's team this year.  Sylvie will get to play too, but her season won't start until January and is one game on Saturday mornings in town. Around here are three kids are going to religion class on Wednesday nights, I'm teaching Cora's 3rd grade class.  Between that and basketball practice it's rare to have a weeknight where we are all home. Around here we're getting excited for the holidays!  I'm starting in on some shopping, planning and thinking about getting the house decorated.  The kids are getting Christmas lists made, and my desk is full of December Daily prep work.  Around here I...

WITL Day 5 - Friday

Friday began, as predicted, with a steady soaking rain and I was glad I switched my run to yesterday.  At 5am Georgia decided I've hit the snooze button enough, puts her paws up on the bed and licks my hands until I get up.  She didn't get the same glad feeling about not getting to head out on a run, and lay pouting by the front door. I fill her food bowl while the coffee brews, and she decides that if we can't run she'll ask to be repeatedly let in and out instead.  The result was lots of muddy paw drying. Around 6 Luke leaves for work and Georgia settles down.  The house is finally quiet and still and I'm thankful for the few minutes of peace. It's daycare appreciation day, and this year I am showered with gifts from my families.  It definitely adds a boost to the otherwise dreary and slow start to the day.  As the kids are packing their bags for school I find that some homework has been neglected throughout the week.  I'm ...

Life Right Now - November 2025

 Right now Beau is a senior and has a schedule that has him home most of the afternoon.  He is currently between jobs.  He worked at Hartmann Lawn Care for the summer and fall, and is re-starting at Fleet Farm this week (today, actually).  He worked there throughout the school year last year too, and they hired him back for this year. Right now Cora is a sophomore and just finished up her school volleyball season.  She played middle hitter for the JV team this year, and then was moved up to Varsity for sections and state.  She got to spend a week up in the Cities with the team, and they ended up placing 3rd.  She will play for the 17s team for JO this winter.  Practices for that will start after Thanksgiving, with tournaments starting in January.  She will be doing an off season workout program through the school this winter until softball practices start up in early spring. Right now Sylvie is in 7th grade and starting her first year of sch...