Hello everyone out there in blog land.....you'll be happy to know that we did not fall off the face of the Earth. Life has been pretty busy around here. I wish that I could tell you that we have been taking all kinds of trips to tropical locations, but unfortunately it has been mostly work related. But we're back now, so I'll try to catch you up on some things.

We took our first official road trip with Beau down to Monticello, Iowa for Brian and Amber's wedding. Beau traveled very well...the trip was still short enough that he could sleep most of the way.

We also took Beau to his first MIGHTY Howard County fair, back in Cresco. We walked through and looked at all of the animals. He was pretty content to just look, and wasn't interested in petting any of them. He was especially timid around the pigs. We also took him for a ride on the carousal...he wasn't quite sure what to think of that, but he eventually warmed up to it.


And that brings us to this 4th of July weekend. We spent the 4th at the Rance's. Beau got his first taste of "summer pie" and LOVED it...he ate 3 pieces!!

Mom, I'm stuffed!!
We finished the landscaping, and it is now officially after the 4th of July and the plants are still living. Some look better than others, but they are all still alive (I think). Here are some pictures of the finisished project.

We took our first official road trip with Beau down to Monticello, Iowa for Brian and Amber's wedding. Beau traveled very well...the trip was still short enough that he could sleep most of the way.
We also took Beau to his first MIGHTY Howard County fair, back in Cresco. We walked through and looked at all of the animals. He was pretty content to just look, and wasn't interested in petting any of them. He was especially timid around the pigs. We also took him for a ride on the carousal...he wasn't quite sure what to think of that, but he eventually warmed up to it.
Beau has recently graduated to a "big boy" car seat. Now he can face forward and see where we are going, instead of where we have been. He likes it, and always gives us a great big smile whenever we turn around to look at him.
And that brings us to this 4th of July weekend. We spent the 4th at the Rance's. Beau got his first taste of "summer pie" and LOVED it...he ate 3 pieces!!
Yesterday we drove over to Luke's parent's cabin in Lansing and took Beau out on the pontoon. We were finally able to find him a life jacket small enough, and we were both a little nervous about how he would take being strapped into it all day long. When we tried it on in the store he screamed like we were making him wear a straight jacket instead of a life jacket. But when we put it on him in the boat there were enough distractions that it didn't bother him too much. He loved looking out into the water at the waves. He surprised both Luke and I with how well behaved he was and how much he liked being out on the water.
I hope that everyone had a great 4th of July, and I promise that I will try to make more time for regular blog entries!! Talk to you all soon! That's all for now....
It is fun to see your update! You guys are having a busy summer. Beau is getting SO big - what a cutie!
ReplyDeleteLoved the update! The up close pic of you and Beau is precious, and I love the one of Luke and Beau on the boat - what a cute fam you have :)
ReplyDelete