Skip to main content

Hello Monday

Happy Monday everyone, going back to work is such fun isn't it? Beau finally got to try out his sled this weekend, and he loved it. Actually, once he was on he wouldn't get off of it.... not to walk around in the snow, not to play with the neighbor kids that came over, and definitely NOT to go inside! It was pretty cold though, so we had to make it quick, but he loved it all the same. This morning I got his snow pants out of the closet to pack up for another week at daycare and he got all excited. Total bummer when they just went in a Target bag. We (and by "we" I mean Luke due to our uncooperative child and lots of stinky fumes) finished priming the basement and painting the ceilings this weekend, so now we're ready for paint. Thank goodness...putting actual colors on the walls instead of white primer gets me a little more excited about picking up a paint brush. (Now if only I could decide on the colors!)


As many of you know my son has boycotted anything even resembling a vegetable so I'm trying out this new cookbook I got for Christmas. It's all about "hiding" the good for you stuff in the food that he will actually eat. I haven't tried any of the recipes yet but have been working on getting some of the veggie puree's made up. Yesterday I made sweet potato, cauliflower, and spinach. That will show up in mini pizza's and homemade mozzarella sticks later this week. Luke is NOT a fan of the mini food chopper I have, it's not ideal, but it works....even if you do need ear plugs anywhere within a 10 mile radius.

Beau had to go back to the Dr. today to make sure his ear infection was all cleared up (it is) and then get another wonderful round of shots. He must have remembered the Doctors office from when we were there with an ear infection a couple weeks ago because as soon as we walked in the room and he saw that bed it was a total melt down. Once the nurse left he settled down and liked playing with the toys and looking at the pictures on the wall. Of course the shots were not pleasant be he recovered quickly. Actually we thought he was crying afterwards because of the shots, but turns out he just wanted to get down and play with that toy some more. What a trooper.

Comments

  1. Hi Lindsay - thought I'd stop by and say happy new year to you and your fam! Happy pureering - it's sad, but I got that book for my HUSBAND who hardly eats veggies. The mozz stix took a couple tries to get them from melting all over the pan, but were worth the effort - yum! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Around here.....

Here's just a little snapshot of what life looks like right now. Around here we're starting to get into the basketball season.  Both Beau and Cora are participating in traveling basketball through SYBA.  The crazy weekends of tournaments haven't started yet, but they're both having practice regularly.  Luke will be the assistant coach to Cora's team this year.  Sylvie will get to play too, but her season won't start until January and is one game on Saturday mornings in town. Around here are three kids are going to religion class on Wednesday nights, I'm teaching Cora's 3rd grade class.  Between that and basketball practice it's rare to have a weeknight where we are all home. Around here we're getting excited for the holidays!  I'm starting in on some shopping, planning and thinking about getting the house decorated.  The kids are getting Christmas lists made, and my desk is full of December Daily prep work.  Around here I...

WITL Day 5 - Friday

Friday began, as predicted, with a steady soaking rain and I was glad I switched my run to yesterday.  At 5am Georgia decided I've hit the snooze button enough, puts her paws up on the bed and licks my hands until I get up.  She didn't get the same glad feeling about not getting to head out on a run, and lay pouting by the front door. I fill her food bowl while the coffee brews, and she decides that if we can't run she'll ask to be repeatedly let in and out instead.  The result was lots of muddy paw drying. Around 6 Luke leaves for work and Georgia settles down.  The house is finally quiet and still and I'm thankful for the few minutes of peace. It's daycare appreciation day, and this year I am showered with gifts from my families.  It definitely adds a boost to the otherwise dreary and slow start to the day.  As the kids are packing their bags for school I find that some homework has been neglected throughout the week.  I'm ...

Not The Only One

Another Halloween has come and gone.  This year we had a dinosaur, vampire, and Snow White (returning for the second year in a row).   Holidays like this are always such a stark reminder of just how not babies my babies are.  Once again I just wasn't in the Halloween spirit this year.  We didn't even go to a pumpkin patch or apple orchard.  The few free hours we had were cold and rainy and the kids weren't in to it.  I definitely wasn't into it. This year, as if I needed more of a reminder of how fast my kids' childhood is slipping away, the social media trend seemed to be "Halloween from years gone by".  Everyone, at least in my "friend" feed was posting year to year Halloween pictures of their kids.   As I was busy liking and loving everyone's past Halloweens I came across a post that stopped me in my tracks.  In her post she stated that she felt like the Scrooge of Halloween and that what was once fun now felt like ...