We put together our Halloween Trick or Treat bags last night (that candy had to go into sealed bags or it would have never survived to Halloween). Beau was such a great helper. I asked him if he wanted to help me put Halloween bags together and of course his response was "I don't want the scary one!" Ever since we strolled through the Halloween decorations at Target last weekend any mention of Halloween and he has to make sure that he isn't getting himself into something that might be the least bit scary. I assured him that they weren't scary and reminded him that he picked out the bags that were NOT scary (we couldn't get the ghost ones....too scary). Ok then, he was all for it. First we dumped out the giant bags of combo candies (one chocolate, one fruity....can't live without the Wonka mix;) and he helped me to sort them into different piles. Then he went around and picked up one from each pile and put them in the bag. Luke was amazed by the random order he picked up the candy in.....even after he rearranged our piles into a circle so that Beau could just pick them up in a row. Nope, not Beau, he would prefer to pick them up without any rhyme or reason. But hey, whatever works... he usually could remember which ones he had already put in the bag. Occasionally we would have to say "nope we already have that one", or "we still need an orange chocolate", but for the most part he did a great job all on his own.
While Luke was amazed with his process, I was more amazed that he did NOT ONCE whine, beg, or even ask me to open one for him to eat...seriously I even had trouble keeping myself away from the Runts. But I told him when we started that these candies were not for us to eat, and that they were for the Trick or Treaters on Halloween. He was perfectly fine with this, and stated it over again at least 5 times while preparing the bags. Since he was such a good boy, and a great helper I did let him pick one candy to eat when we were all done....he picked "purple shakers" AKA grape Nerds.
We were both impressed that he put together all 30 bags without losing interest....in fact he asked to do more when we were all done. In the end he was pretty proud of those bags, we put them in the treat basket and the first thing he did when we went downstairs this morning was announce to all the daycare kids that he made these candies for the trick or treaters.
There will be more pictures posted on our Shutterfly share site later today. If anyone would like the password to view the photos please email me. If you didn't get the original email (I know a few didn't go through) we started a Shutterfly share website which contains ALL of our families pictures. To make a long story short there will be fewer pictures (more commentary) on the blog, and the share site should give you your fill of pictures! But you have to become a member of our site and use a password to view the pics so let me know if you would like it.
Oooh oooh... Can I see the pictures. deb@debann.com :D Can't believe how big he is!
ReplyDelete