Mealtimes seem to be a constant struggle for us to keep Beau from making an unnecessary mess. He really likes to use his silverware to play in his milk. After repeated warnings today at lunch he continued to slop around in his milk until half the glass was laying all over the table. Needless to say he ended up in time out. When his time out was over as usual I got down on his level and asked him why he was in time out... his response was "I don't know" (the typical response he tries to get away with). I replied with " yes you do, what were you doing at the table?" With a very solemn face he looks me in the eye and says "cuz I was just dinkin' around". I couldn't help it, I burst out laughing and in my head I was recalling the many, many, many times that either Luke or I say at a meal.....
"Beau quit dinkin around and eat"
or after milk ends up all over the table or floor AGAIN "well if you'd just quit your dinkin' around!"
So I guess although I have to admit he has heard the phrase many times, he has never actually used it. It was funny enough that he said it at all, but saying it with what I like to call his apology face was too much for the "serious Mommy" to handle.
"Beau quit dinkin around and eat"
or after milk ends up all over the table or floor AGAIN "well if you'd just quit your dinkin' around!"
So I guess although I have to admit he has heard the phrase many times, he has never actually used it. It was funny enough that he said it at all, but saying it with what I like to call his apology face was too much for the "serious Mommy" to handle.
Comments
Post a Comment