Saturday was not a typical day for our family. At first this bothered me because I didn't feel it would show what a weekend in our life is like right now. But the more I thought about it I realized that every week has something in it that isn't typical, especially on the weekends. This particular day just involved us all going in different directions. Our day was full of fun and people and conversations and going from here to there. I didn't get many pictures in comparison to the rest of the week, but I'm ok with that.
Saturday
The day started with Megan and I having coffee on the couch. Luke's sister, Chelsea, is getting married in October, so today is the Bachelor/Bachelorette parties. I had an 8 mile run on the training plan so by 6am I knew I needed to get ready and get out the door in order to have time to get the kids down to Grandma and Grandpa's before guests started arriving. I love getting my long weekend runs done right away Saturday morning. It gives me a feeling of accomplishment, and energizes me for the weekend. Plus I don't have to constantly have it looming in the back of my mind.

Saturday
The day started with Megan and I having coffee on the couch. Luke's sister, Chelsea, is getting married in October, so today is the Bachelor/Bachelorette parties. I had an 8 mile run on the training plan so by 6am I knew I needed to get ready and get out the door in order to have time to get the kids down to Grandma and Grandpa's before guests started arriving. I love getting my long weekend runs done right away Saturday morning. It gives me a feeling of accomplishment, and energizes me for the weekend. Plus I don't have to constantly have it looming in the back of my mind.
Today's run called for a "strong finish". If that means doubling over at the end of the street the second Miss Runkeeper announced the 8 mile mark then I guess I accomplished it. Either way the sticker went up on the chart.
Luke left for the Bachelor party shortly after I got back, and the house was buzzing with all 5 kiddos awake and running around.
There wasn't a lot of time to lounge around (my preferred way to spend weekend mornings, especially when my sis is in town!). The kids were excited to get to Grandma and Grandpa's however, so they were very helpful about getting the house cleaned up and their stuff ready to go. As I was getting ready in the bathroom Cora decided a little hot pink lip gloss suited the occasion. My girls love any sort of chap stick, lip gloss, or lip stick. Cora is getting to the point where most of it actually lands on her lips, while Sylvie still tends to be covered nose to chin.
All packed up and ready to go. Megan and I set a goal to leave at 9, and we were on the road at 9:15...not too shabby if you ask me!
Before we were even in the door at Grandma and Grandpa's Ean was requesting pancakes. As you can see within 15 minutes of arriving they were indeed eating pancakes. At Grandma and Grandpa's pancakes are always topped with sprinkles, and today whipped cream.
Grandma and Grandpa will have their hands full (literally) with a 1, 2, 5, 6, and 8 year old! Megan and I left with hugs and kisses and wished them luck. It's not often that I leave my kids, and it's even less common for it to be over night. I'm always filled with a mixture of excitement at the prospect of adult time, worry, and missing them like crazy.
It looks like they had a busy fun filled weekend. Playing outside, with tents, and flying Grandpa's helicopter in the garage!
Megan and I headed back to my house where we spent an hour or so power cleaning. Megan shares my husbands affinity for piling as she cleans. I, however, am anti-pile. I tend to leave things until they are dealt with and then put them away in their forever home. I am in full agreement that the piles look much nicer, but 3 weeks later when I'm finding that bill that hasn't been paid or a school paper rising from the abyss, it becomes clear that the pile system doesn't work for me.
Meanwhile, at the Bachelor party the guys were spending the day shooting at the gun range and 4-wheeling.
The girls met up at 3pm at the winery for wine, appetizers, and some less muddy fun.
We continued on to Canvas and Chardonnay for more wine and silliness, and of course the painting of a masterpiece.
By now the giddiness of having a girls night out with no kids had set in.
We couldn't resist the Bob Ross photo op. We frequently watched Bob Ross's "The Joy of Painting" on PBS with our Grandpa Trachta when we would visit. I'm sure both Bob and Grandpa would have been proud of our artistic abilities ;)
The rest of the night we spent celebrating the Bachelorette at a few of the local establishments. We finished up the night back at our house for a good old fashioned slumber party :).


Comments
Post a Comment