December 1st
The first few days of December always seem like I have so many stories to tell that it's hard for me to pick which one to put into my album. In the past I've started my album the day after Thanksgiving since that is usually when we get our tree and decorate the house. This year I just used my intro divider page to highlight a few decorating photos and started in on the first. We had a quiet night at home with NOTHING (what?!) on the calendar so I chose to document our family watching Rudolph.
The journaling reads:
"December is off to a good start around here. The afternoon brought us a dusting of snow and all the daycare kiddos were gone early. It was one of those cozy evenings at home with the kids doing homework while I made supper. Luke bounced between helping me in the kitchen and helping the kids with homework. Everyone was in to their jammys early so we could end the evening cuddled up on the couch watching Rudolph. Although we have most of the holiday specials on DVD its always more exciting when you can catch them on TV."
December 2nd
For the 2nd I went with the story of our elf "Jingle" including a letter correspondence between him and Beau.
Journaling reads:
"Jingle our elf arrived yesterday. We weren't sure if he'd be coming back this year so there were some pretty disappointed faces when they couldn't find him before school yesterday. Luckily Sylvie found him way inside the tree after they left. Beau and Colton got right to work after school writing letters to their elves and creating a mailbox for Jingle to check daily. When Beau woke up this morning to find to find Jingle had written back he yelled "Mom! OUR elf has MY handwriting!" He had to write his name on a a slip of paper to compare the two. They found that Jingle had hidden above the kitchen cupboards today. Beau left him a mini bowl of cheerios and a spoon for him to snack on before heading off to school.
I'll have to work on perfecting my project photography and finding some decent lighting, but you get the idea ;)
The first few days of December always seem like I have so many stories to tell that it's hard for me to pick which one to put into my album. In the past I've started my album the day after Thanksgiving since that is usually when we get our tree and decorate the house. This year I just used my intro divider page to highlight a few decorating photos and started in on the first. We had a quiet night at home with NOTHING (what?!) on the calendar so I chose to document our family watching Rudolph.
"December is off to a good start around here. The afternoon brought us a dusting of snow and all the daycare kiddos were gone early. It was one of those cozy evenings at home with the kids doing homework while I made supper. Luke bounced between helping me in the kitchen and helping the kids with homework. Everyone was in to their jammys early so we could end the evening cuddled up on the couch watching Rudolph. Although we have most of the holiday specials on DVD its always more exciting when you can catch them on TV."
December 2nd
For the 2nd I went with the story of our elf "Jingle" including a letter correspondence between him and Beau.
Journaling reads:
"Jingle our elf arrived yesterday. We weren't sure if he'd be coming back this year so there were some pretty disappointed faces when they couldn't find him before school yesterday. Luckily Sylvie found him way inside the tree after they left. Beau and Colton got right to work after school writing letters to their elves and creating a mailbox for Jingle to check daily. When Beau woke up this morning to find to find Jingle had written back he yelled "Mom! OUR elf has MY handwriting!" He had to write his name on a a slip of paper to compare the two. They found that Jingle had hidden above the kitchen cupboards today. Beau left him a mini bowl of cheerios and a spoon for him to snack on before heading off to school.
I'll have to work on perfecting my project photography and finding some decent lighting, but you get the idea ;)





I really enjoyed your pages and your little story - your children are adorable!
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Delete