I'm playing catch up on getting some of my days posted again. I've been staying fairly caught up on the project, but did have a few days where I felt stuck in figuring out how to get my stories and photos to mesh with the space in the album.
Day 10
For the 10th I wanted to get a picture of each of the trees we have this year, showing off the kids' decorating skills :). I ended up using washi tape to create a fold out style page, labeling each tree with their initial. It didn't turn out quite how I envisioned it, but it was one of those pages where I stared and stared at it, and in the end it was just time to move on.
and here's a couple of the pizza pics Luke caught, that will probably end up in our Project Life album.
Day 14
The 14th was my birthday, so I talked about the tradition we had growing up of getting a Hallmark ornament every year for our birthdays.
The funny thing was that after I was done getting all nostalgic making this page my birthday present arrived in the mail from my sister. Inside was an ornament (of course), the book Everything I Need to Know About Christmas I Learned From a Little Golden Book (our Mom was also big on Little Golden Books), and a notebook with a note inside that read:

weeeeird.
And on that note, hungry kids will soon be tromping in from the school bus, so that is where I'll leave you. Tune in tomorrow for days 15 - 17 :).
Day 10
For the 10th I wanted to get a picture of each of the trees we have this year, showing off the kids' decorating skills :). I ended up using washi tape to create a fold out style page, labeling each tree with their initial. It didn't turn out quite how I envisioned it, but it was one of those pages where I stared and stared at it, and in the end it was just time to move on.
Day 11
My story for the 11th was going out to eat with Luke's parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins who were all in town for our Christmas celebration the following day. Quick and simple pages.
Day 12
On the 12th I went with a simple sentiment in lieu of journaling.
Day 13
For day 13 I had a ton more pictures that I could have/wanted to use. This is where the fact that I also do Project Life comes in handy. I know that if there is another story I want to tell, or more pictures I wish I could add I can always save them for that album.
For instance, on the 13th after we were all done baking I made a batch of pizza dough for supper. To finish it off the kids all ran into the kitchen to play catch with the big dough ball. This tradition started one day when Cora was helping me make the dough. When I finished kneading it I looked at her, said "catch" and threw it at her. The look on her face was priceless. Ever since whenever they see me making the dough they want to know if we can play catch. In fact, it was on the way home from church when I mentioned that we were having pizza for supper, and from the backseat we heard "can we play catch with the dough?!" (you all want to come over for pizza now, right?).
Here's what I ended up with in the album:
and here's a couple of the pizza pics Luke caught, that will probably end up in our Project Life album.
Day 14
The 14th was my birthday, so I talked about the tradition we had growing up of getting a Hallmark ornament every year for our birthdays.
weeeeird.
And on that note, hungry kids will soon be tromping in from the school bus, so that is where I'll leave you. Tune in tomorrow for days 15 - 17 :).










Comments
Post a Comment