Well, we have officially begun the adventure of putting our home up for sale. Every time I look out our kitchen window and see that sign standing there I'm filled with either panic or excitement. I'm not sure which one...maybe both. This house has served us well, and we've known from the beginning that it probably wouldn't be our "forever home". We had originally hoped to build after 5 years or so. I think we are officially in the "or so" camp as we have now passed the 9 year mark and added 3 kids to the picture. While we are not any closer to finding a place to build, but we have found a home that better suits our size, layout, and location needs. I'm thankful we aren't moving far, but it's still tough to think of leaving the home where our family began. Saying goodbye to neighbors who have become like family to us, and leaving a neighborhood that is safe and loving enough to be a playground for our children. But, as with all things, change is inevitable and we are excited to see what this next chapter of our lives will hold for us.
I'm trying to keep focused on the excitement of the situation, and not dwell on the stress, but I'm a worrier. I am not a risk taker, and I like to have a vision of how things will work out. Well, kind of. I also enjoy the excitement of change and the anticipation of not knowing. This is where my husband would say I become exhausting because I tend to take each "what if", imagine it happening, and then plan out how each situation would play out. That way I can put it on a shelf, and when the path is revealed it's all ready for me to pull down and move forward. My head is kind of like a choose your own adventure book. I like to have each path fully mapped out and then wait for life to tell me which page I need to turn to. I've always been that way. A "daydreamer" I'm called. Daydreamers picture unicorns prancing through the clouds. I prefer to think of myself as more of a possibilities planner;).
I'm trying to keep focused on the excitement of the situation, and not dwell on the stress, but I'm a worrier. I am not a risk taker, and I like to have a vision of how things will work out. Well, kind of. I also enjoy the excitement of change and the anticipation of not knowing. This is where my husband would say I become exhausting because I tend to take each "what if", imagine it happening, and then plan out how each situation would play out. That way I can put it on a shelf, and when the path is revealed it's all ready for me to pull down and move forward. My head is kind of like a choose your own adventure book. I like to have each path fully mapped out and then wait for life to tell me which page I need to turn to. I've always been that way. A "daydreamer" I'm called. Daydreamers picture unicorns prancing through the clouds. I prefer to think of myself as more of a possibilities planner;).

The truth though, is that I can plan all I want and life can (and likely will) still throw a curve ball. I'm not in control (gasp, what?!). These big life decisions often remind me to that, and leave "have faith" ringing in my ears. This process has been teaching me a lot about faith. Specifically what faith is, and what faith is not. I had to share this quote because it seems to keep popping up in various places for me lately. Quite timely don't you think? It has stuck with me and makes me realize that having faith does not mean trusting that God will give you whatever you ask Him for. He is not a genie in a bottle. Having faith is trusting that God knows best, and whatever path He lays in front of us, it will be good. However it turns out, one thing is sure, it will be an adventure filled with anticipation and uncertainty. We've done as much as we can and are ready to hold on tight for the ride.

THIS.
Comments
Post a Comment