Ok, onward with Week In the Life. I need to get this checked off my list so I can move on with December Daily! I'm a little bummed that I didn't stick with it and get my thoughts all down during the week. This has happened to me before with this project and I have the tendency to use that as an excuse to push it aside and not do it at all. I'm determined to finish this time around though. As I look back at the second half of that week (which was way back in May!) it feels like I took those pictures yesterday, how is it already fall? I still have the pictures, I still have the facts, I still remember what happened, but I don't have the emotions, and all the little details that round out the story. But that's ok, looking back always gives a different sort of perspective, and I love that I have both represented in my scrapbooks. Ok, so without further ado lets jump back to May ............
On Thursday morning by alarm went off at 4:15am, a few minutes earlier than usual so I could squeeze in a longer run. It still took me a good 20 minutes to get out of bed however. I was out the door at 4:50 for 4.3 miles of intervals.
I was home by 5:30 for coffee, but no milk (we're always out of milk). Luke ran out and picked some up before heading to work. I did some quick kitchen cleaning while the coffee was brewing.
6:00am - Sylvie's up and requests cartoons. A request I deny because I have learned that screens before school does not go well, and lets get serious, my kids need no additional motivation to rise any earlier than they already do!
I head up to shower finding Beau playing legos, and Cora wanting to wear shorts. Another no, especially since she has a field trip today. After a quick shower I start a load of laundry and we head down to get Beau and Cora breakfast.
7:00am - Beau and Cora eat while daycare begins to arrive. Oatmeal, which they make themselves for the most part.
Beau requests the computer be unlocked so he can trace some dinosaurs to take for sharing. I check to make sure he's otherwise ready to head out the door and agree. As he's tracing he requests a lightbox to do tracings and drawings. He has definitely been in a tracing phase lately.
At 7:45 they pack up and head out.
8:00am - My last daycare drop off arrives. As I'm finishing up breakfast round 2 Sylvie and another daycare kiddo can't seem to get along and end up having to wait for their breakfast at the table instead of playing in the other room. Neither are happy about it.
As they eat I do a check of the days curriculum plans, balance the checkbook, and prepare a bank deposit.
9:00am - The preschool portion of our day gets underway. We do circle time, discuss our theme, and do an art project.
10:00am - We finally have some sun today, so we head out for a walk. Not just any walk though, we're due for library books, I have a package to mail, and checks to deposit so I was hopeful we could make it to all 3 stops and back. We did, and the kids were troopers. It helped that the bank (our last stop) gave them each suckers, which I told them they could have if they did a good job walking back home. Round trip it was 2.75 miles, not bad for 3 year olds! I lost count of how many times we had to stop to replace shoes that had fallen off, or were pulled off by whoever was behind them. Once we hit 7 I quit counting....that was at the end of the street. My toddlers did well too, but they got to ride in the stroller.
12:00pm - Our walk took a full 2 hours so the kids were ready to eat, read a quick story and nap by the time we got home!
1:00pm - I spent nap time doing laundry, a PIYO session, going through pictures and working on the blog.
3:00pm - The kids arrive home from school and I get everyone up from nap. I get a text from Luke letting me know that he'll be home late.
4:00pm - We have snack and the big kids head outside. Cora and Rory quickly come back in because they're cold. The day has turned cold and rainy again. We spend the rest of the daycare day playing games, reading library books, playing with star builders, and eating blue suckers.
5:30pm - The daycare kids are gone and we start a quick spaghetti supper before dance at 6:00. I give Beau a spelling test as we eat.
6:00pm - Beau and Sylvie come with me to take Cora to dance, we sit and wait while she dances. Parents have to wait in the hall and aren't allowed to come in to watch them dance.
7:00pm - Luke gets home at the same time as us. It's chilly and rainy. We head inside to get started on baths.
8:00pm - The kids are in bed shortly after 8.
9:00pm: I get ready for bed and read for a few minutes before falling asleep.
On Thursday morning by alarm went off at 4:15am, a few minutes earlier than usual so I could squeeze in a longer run. It still took me a good 20 minutes to get out of bed however. I was out the door at 4:50 for 4.3 miles of intervals.
I was home by 5:30 for coffee, but no milk (we're always out of milk). Luke ran out and picked some up before heading to work. I did some quick kitchen cleaning while the coffee was brewing.
| So grateful for the sun this morning. |
6:00am - Sylvie's up and requests cartoons. A request I deny because I have learned that screens before school does not go well, and lets get serious, my kids need no additional motivation to rise any earlier than they already do!
I head up to shower finding Beau playing legos, and Cora wanting to wear shorts. Another no, especially since she has a field trip today. After a quick shower I start a load of laundry and we head down to get Beau and Cora breakfast.
7:00am - Beau and Cora eat while daycare begins to arrive. Oatmeal, which they make themselves for the most part.
Beau requests the computer be unlocked so he can trace some dinosaurs to take for sharing. I check to make sure he's otherwise ready to head out the door and agree. As he's tracing he requests a lightbox to do tracings and drawings. He has definitely been in a tracing phase lately.
As the kids eat Sylvie is digging in the pantry. She tells me "Mom my candy bar way way up high cuz nobody can sneak on it. Here, I will show you". She's so sneaky.
At 7:45 they pack up and head out.
8:00am - My last daycare drop off arrives. As I'm finishing up breakfast round 2 Sylvie and another daycare kiddo can't seem to get along and end up having to wait for their breakfast at the table instead of playing in the other room. Neither are happy about it.
As they eat I do a check of the days curriculum plans, balance the checkbook, and prepare a bank deposit.
As the kids finish up with breakfast they draw in their art journals. Sylvie shows me a creation she's especially proud of.
9:00am - The preschool portion of our day gets underway. We do circle time, discuss our theme, and do an art project.
10:00am - We finally have some sun today, so we head out for a walk. Not just any walk though, we're due for library books, I have a package to mail, and checks to deposit so I was hopeful we could make it to all 3 stops and back. We did, and the kids were troopers. It helped that the bank (our last stop) gave them each suckers, which I told them they could have if they did a good job walking back home. Round trip it was 2.75 miles, not bad for 3 year olds! I lost count of how many times we had to stop to replace shoes that had fallen off, or were pulled off by whoever was behind them. Once we hit 7 I quit counting....that was at the end of the street. My toddlers did well too, but they got to ride in the stroller.
12:00pm - Our walk took a full 2 hours so the kids were ready to eat, read a quick story and nap by the time we got home!
1:00pm - I spent nap time doing laundry, a PIYO session, going through pictures and working on the blog.
3:00pm - The kids arrive home from school and I get everyone up from nap. I get a text from Luke letting me know that he'll be home late.
4:00pm - We have snack and the big kids head outside. Cora and Rory quickly come back in because they're cold. The day has turned cold and rainy again. We spend the rest of the daycare day playing games, reading library books, playing with star builders, and eating blue suckers.
5:30pm - The daycare kids are gone and we start a quick spaghetti supper before dance at 6:00. I give Beau a spelling test as we eat.
6:00pm - Beau and Sylvie come with me to take Cora to dance, we sit and wait while she dances. Parents have to wait in the hall and aren't allowed to come in to watch them dance.
7:00pm - Luke gets home at the same time as us. It's chilly and rainy. We head inside to get started on baths.
8:00pm - The kids are in bed shortly after 8.
My little daydreamer. I so often find her fixed in a daydream when I come to tuck her in. Content with her thoughts, imagination, and wonderings.
Beau is almost always fixed on a book these days. Gone are the days where he wants to me to read to him. Those days have been replaced with "I'm almost done with this chapter" and "can I just finish the page?". Every once in awhile he will join us as I read to the girls, but he much prefers to read a book of his own. Right now he is in to Encyclopedia Brown and Boxcar Children.
As I leave I smile at the signs he has made and printed of things he loves. He says he wants to cover his room with them.
Ah, laundry. There are many nights where a pile of laundry greets us as we head up to get ready for bed. Tonight is one of those nights.9:00pm: I get ready for bed and read for a few minutes before falling asleep.
As I finish up reflecting on our Thursday I'm so grateful that this years week in the life fell during this period of time. Now 5 months later our days and routines look so different, as we have moved daycare down to the basement. This routine was for such a short period of time it could have so easily been forgotten. It leaves me excited to continue documenting with the next project to see the changes and differences.

Comments
Post a Comment