Ok here we go with December Daily days 2-4. I always seem to fall behind on the weekends.
Day 2
For the 2nd I focused on the story of how the kids play league soccer in December with some friends. Beau and his friend Colton played last year, and this year Cora and her friend Rory joined them. We always follow up soccer by grabbing drinks and a bite to eat before heading home. This week the kids wanted to have a sleepover and we agreed. Our elf Jingle wanted in on the fun and they woke up to find him hanging out with Colton and Rory's elf Chippy. He didn't stay long though, by the time the kids got home Jingle was sitting in Sylvie's tree (before she even knew he was gone!).
Here's a look at my day 2 page.
Journaling reads:
"We're keeping up the December tradition of Friday night soccer followed by dinner and drinks with the Swansons. Tonight we agreed to let Beau and Cora sleep over at their house afterward. It turns out Jingle stopped in for a visit too! They woke up to find Jingle and Swanson's elf, Chippy, swinging from the ceiling fan. So blessed to have great friends to share the season with."
Day 3
The third was Saturday, and I chose to tell the story of how we just stayed home and hung out. Something that rarely happens, especially in December. We were all out and about in opposite directions during the day, so after making a quick pizza for supper we decided on a movie night. We have been waiting to watch the first Harry Potter movie since I finished reading it to the kids a couple weeks ago. Twink lights, cozy blankets, popcorn, red wine, and Harry Potter....I can't think of a much better way to spend a Saturday night :)
Journaling reads:
"After a busy day finishing Christmas shopping, getting groceries, and basketball for Beau we were ready to cuddle up at home tonight. I just finished reading the first Harry Potter aloud to the kids, so now we can finally watch the movie. I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday night.
Day 4
And finally Sunday, day 4. I had a hard time picking a story for this day. We woke up to our first snow of the season and we also had St. Nick visit at church. I documented the St. Nick festivities in my album last year so I decided to go with the first snow. I've said it before, but I love having this project along with my Project Life album. In the end I know that even if I choose not to tell a story in this album there is another place for it, It makes it easier to stick with my one story per day rule, and keeps this album moving.
My photography skills aren't great here, but you get the idea. I began my journaling with a quote from Sylvie. When she came down the stairs in the morning and saw the snow she ran to the window and exclaimed "what the?!?" Ah yes, such a common phrase to hear my 3 year old utter. She gets it from her older sister. I'm not sure where it comes from, just that it gets uses a lot. Thankfully neither of them ever finishes the phrase.
Journaling reads:
"what the?!?" The first snow is always so magical. Love witnessing their reactions first thing in the morning.
Day 2
For the 2nd I focused on the story of how the kids play league soccer in December with some friends. Beau and his friend Colton played last year, and this year Cora and her friend Rory joined them. We always follow up soccer by grabbing drinks and a bite to eat before heading home. This week the kids wanted to have a sleepover and we agreed. Our elf Jingle wanted in on the fun and they woke up to find him hanging out with Colton and Rory's elf Chippy. He didn't stay long though, by the time the kids got home Jingle was sitting in Sylvie's tree (before she even knew he was gone!).
Here's a look at my day 2 page.
Journaling reads:
"We're keeping up the December tradition of Friday night soccer followed by dinner and drinks with the Swansons. Tonight we agreed to let Beau and Cora sleep over at their house afterward. It turns out Jingle stopped in for a visit too! They woke up to find Jingle and Swanson's elf, Chippy, swinging from the ceiling fan. So blessed to have great friends to share the season with."
Day 3
The third was Saturday, and I chose to tell the story of how we just stayed home and hung out. Something that rarely happens, especially in December. We were all out and about in opposite directions during the day, so after making a quick pizza for supper we decided on a movie night. We have been waiting to watch the first Harry Potter movie since I finished reading it to the kids a couple weeks ago. Twink lights, cozy blankets, popcorn, red wine, and Harry Potter....I can't think of a much better way to spend a Saturday night :)
Journaling reads:
"After a busy day finishing Christmas shopping, getting groceries, and basketball for Beau we were ready to cuddle up at home tonight. I just finished reading the first Harry Potter aloud to the kids, so now we can finally watch the movie. I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday night.
Day 4
And finally Sunday, day 4. I had a hard time picking a story for this day. We woke up to our first snow of the season and we also had St. Nick visit at church. I documented the St. Nick festivities in my album last year so I decided to go with the first snow. I've said it before, but I love having this project along with my Project Life album. In the end I know that even if I choose not to tell a story in this album there is another place for it, It makes it easier to stick with my one story per day rule, and keeps this album moving.
My photography skills aren't great here, but you get the idea. I began my journaling with a quote from Sylvie. When she came down the stairs in the morning and saw the snow she ran to the window and exclaimed "what the?!?" Ah yes, such a common phrase to hear my 3 year old utter. She gets it from her older sister. I'm not sure where it comes from, just that it gets uses a lot. Thankfully neither of them ever finishes the phrase.
Journaling reads:
"what the?!?" The first snow is always so magical. Love witnessing their reactions first thing in the morning.
Comments
Post a Comment