Happy December everyone! Welcome to the BEST month of the year (insert squeals and shaky hands here)! And with December comes, you guessed it....December Daily! I'm so excited to get started on this project again this year. I really liked posting to the blog each day last year. It kept me accountable and helped keep me from getting too far behind. I'm going to try to keep up with it again this year, even if I don't share my pages, as a place to get my daily stories down. I started today with my "reason why" page. My reason why for this project always boils down to keeping me present. Looking for those magical little moments that make this season so great, and being present for them. It's so easy to get swept away in the to-do lists, shopping trips, and hustle & bustle this time of year. This project centers me and brings me back to the things that matter most. It keeps me intentional about being present and taking part in the season vs. just letting it pass me by. More specifically though, this year, my reason why can be summed up in one photo.
He's 9. For years he has lived the month of December in his Santa hat. He has amazing Christmas spirit. This year he is also fully equipped with "spy gear" video walkie talkies. Suspicion has set in. Innocence is fleeting. My heart clenches and eyes tear up just thinking about it. He has shaped my reason why this year.
The Reason Why
It's December again, and I'm welcoming it with open arms. I love the magic and joy it brings. I love the way it has of opening our hearts to give and receive an extra dose of compassion and kindness. I love the lights and the smells, the togetherness, the cozy comfort, and the memories. This year I will again be documenting our December stories. I want to record the lights and glitter, the traditions old and new. Coming together in our new home and being present together as a family. Focusing on being present through the hustle an bustle, cuddling on the couch, and everywhere in between. But most of all, this year, I want to focus on the true magic and joy of the season. The joy that only our Savior can bring. I want to root within our kids' hearts a joy and wonder that doesn't fade through the years. To help them see past the glitter, ribbons, and bows to a gift of love so great it will cause their hearts to swell year after year.
For unto us a Child is born. Unto us a Son is given. (Luke 2:11)
Comments
Post a Comment