
Friday began, as predicted, with a steady soaking rain and I was glad I switched my run to yesterday. At 5am Georgia decided I've hit the snooze button enough, puts her paws up on the bed and licks my hands until I get up. She didn't get the same glad feeling about not getting to head out on a run, and lay pouting by the front door.
I fill her food bowl while the coffee brews, and she decides that if we can't run she'll ask to be repeatedly let in and out instead. The result was lots of muddy paw drying.
Around 6 Luke leaves for work and Georgia settles down. The house is finally quiet and still and I'm thankful for the few minutes of peace.
It's daycare appreciation day, and this year I am showered with gifts from my families. It definitely adds a boost to the otherwise dreary and slow start to the day.
As the kids are packing their bags for school I find that some homework has been neglected throughout the week. I'm frustrated because every night this week when I've asked what their homework is I've received "none" or "I did it at school" as a response. This is a battle we fight every year when the weather is nice and evening schedules get busy. I review a math sheet with Cora in preparation for a math test, and run through her spelling words.
I let the daycare kids play a little longer this morning with the rainy weather. It's too wet and rainy for any outside play this morning. With the exception of Georgia, she loves the standing water that so easily accumulates in our back yard.
I do another round of paw drying and start some laundry.....always laundry.
After circle time we stray from our usual preschool activities to work on Mother's Day activities. They wrapped their gifts and made hand print keepsakes to go with.
It's a preschool day for Sylvie, so we get started on lunch right at 11 to be ready for the bus. The kids are loud and wound up. It's amazing how much of a difference it makes when we can't get outside. I get their Mother's Day gifts put together in their lockers and ready to go home while they eat. By noon they're done eating. I work on lunch time clean up and dishes while they read. We ready stories together before they lay down for naps.
Today at nap time I am able to work on some photo organization and editing, along with a blog post.
Sylvie is home at 2:30 and can't wait to show me my Mother's Day gift, which she immediately pulls out of her bag. It's a hand print keepsake and a lady bug garden rock. She immediately takes them back from me and arranges them upstairs on my nightstand. The kids are up from nap early talking and running around (again it's obvious we didn't get outside today).
It's still wet and rainy with standing water in the backyard, so we're stuck inside for the afternoon too. The kids have their snack and I start the movie Cocoa around 4:00. The big kids are home from school. Beau works with his 3D pen in the kitchen. The other 3 say they want to watch the movie. They actually end up being wild and distracting with everything from wrestling to gymnastics to playing "basketball" with the toys and toy bins. Sometimes it's the big kids that are the most work!
By 5pm the 1 year old hits the power button and shuts the movie off. The littles decide that means the movie is over and the bigs weren't watching anyway, so I don't bother to start it back up. The one year old proceeds to pull out all the toys I just cleaned up. I was hoping to get a jump start on Friday night clean up....wrong. By this point Luke is home and takes Beau and Sylvie to Scheels to look for a gift for a birthday party Beau has tomorrow.
My last pick up is late and I don't head upstairs until 5:45 to get a start on making Friday night pizza. If we're home on a Friday night it's almost always pizza, usually homemade, but sometimes we'll order delivery from Casey's. I pour myself a glass of red while I cook. Cora is in the living room watching the History channel. Luke and the other 2 kids get home as I'm putting the pizza in the oven. Beau heads out to the back yard to shoot his bow. Tomorrow's party is an archery party. He took his bow in to be adjusted when they went to Scheels and wants to try it out. While the pizza is in the oven Luke helps me cook up 6 pounds of hamburger to have ready for upcoming meals and busy nights.
The pizza isn't done until 6:45, so it's a pretty late supper. The kids want to watch a movie, but then decide they want ice cream for dessert. By the time they're done and cleaned up from that it's too late to start a movie. The girls head up to shower instead. At 8:15 I call everyone up for bed. We read stories, and I head to bed right after. I read some of my book, and plan to read longer but my eyes don't cooperate. At 9:45 I give up and turn out the lights.













Comments
Post a Comment